It might seem that some actions are perfectly obvious—and that among them are the many things you shouldn’t do immediately before moving to a new Costa Mesa home. Yet, as moving day approaches, the multiplicity of tasks that are left to be done have a way of filling up the brain space usually reserved for sound decision-making.
A good example has to do with the living room furniture. It’s definitely one thing you should NOT do before moving:
1) Forget to measure the living room.
Making the assumption that all of your present furniture will fit nicely in the new living room is fraught with peril. The movers will want to know where to put the second couch you’ve just paid to have moved.
Ten other leading not-to-dos before moving:
2) Buy a puppy (especially a big, energetic one).
3) Put off notifying your old utilities/new utilities. (Unpacking by flashlight is ill-advised).
4) Not bringing the flashlight.
5) Wait until the last minute to notify the post office of your change of mailing address.
6) Not labeling the cartons (all of them).
7) Not bringing a marking pen to mark any unlabeled cartons after you’ve had to open them to see what’s inside.
8) If you’re taking the refrigerator, defrosting it in advance.
9) Neglecting to assemble a box of items you’ll need in the first 24 hours in your new home.
10) Not keeping a close watch on valuables (jewelry, electronics, documents, and cash).
11) Forgetting to take photos of the old place memorializing that it’s “broom clean.”
Moving to a new Costa Mesa home is sure to be an adventure—but whether it’s one you’ll look back upon fondly is largely a function of preparedness. No matter which it turns out to be, we’ll be here awaiting your call re. your next Costa Mesa real estate adventure!
We are built on a philosophy of Heritage & Hustle. L3 is a full service real estate agency with a regional office located in the heart of #CostaMesa, offering a wide-array of custom services to meet their clients’ needs with roots in the community since 1976. It’s L3 mission to provide trusted, convenient, responsive service to ensure clients enjoy their real estate experience. L3 was originally formed to offer personal, concierge-level service as an alternative to the large, nationally based real estate companies. From its small beginnings of only two employees, L3 has grown to a full staff of 25 serving over 300 clients a year. L3 is not limited to serving just its clients; it is also committed to serving the community. Not only has L3 donated hundreds of hours to many area charities, they have also received the prestige of being named one of the #toprealestatecompaniesinCostaMesa If you’re interested in #buyingorsellinginOrangeCounty, turn to the experts. Turn to The L3 and let them help you make your real estate buying or selling dreams come true. For more information or to get started on finding or selling your home contact The L3 today at 714-444-4663 or email us at email@example.com